Military History/Dad's WWII European particitation.

Question
Edward L. Robertson
Edward L. Robertson  
My dad, Edward L. Robertson, volunteered from California and was trained in Kentucky in 1943. We would like to know which ship he was shipped over to Europe on, who he served under and what exactly (if possible) was his itinerary in Europe. We would like to some day follow his service on a map. It would help us establish a closeness and understand him better.   
We know dad has a terrible time over there. I was 6 years old when he left, he came back a very different person with uncontrollable fits of weeping and anger. We dared not ask him questions for fear of upsetting him.
Mom died a very sad person just a few years after he.

Answer
Dear Ms.,
       Thank You for your question.  Also, may I type, that is quite a nice military portrait that you have of your father.  I know of thousands of people who would give anything to have that sort of portrait of their father in uniform.  Lucky you.
       In your question you typed "We would like to know which ship.......was his itinerary in Europe."  It would be my pleasure to provide you with answers to those questions.  For me to begin my research, I respectfully ask of you for photocopies of your father's Discharge Documents.  All four pages would be nice, but page two is an absolute necessity.  That is the page with 57 numbered boxes upon the page.
       Please photocopy your father's Discharge Documents, then send the photocopies to me via First Class USPS.  Please include your e-mail address for ease of response.
       Thank You so much for your question.  I eagerly await a packet from you via First Class USPS.

Sincerely,
   Richard V. Horrell
    WW 2 Connections
     211 Union St.   #611
      Nashville   TN   37201-1502

Military History

Richard V. Horrell