Military History/107th Ordnance Medium Maintenance Company

Forrest Thornton wrote at 2014-09-03 22:41:44
I was with the 107th Ord. MM Co. from Jan 31 1942 until the end of WW2. I was the Company Clerk. After going thru Louisiana Maneuvers we went to Florida then to Carolina Maneuvers.

We were sent to NY Port and boarded the Ship Queen Elizabeth Nov 1942 to England.  We did lots of experiments waterproofing equipment until Aug 30 1944 Crosses the English Channel to Utah Beach France. Four major battles, then VE Day.

I he USA Oct. 1945  

Don't know what happened to the 107th after I came back to the USA Oct 1945. Just thankful  to survive and be home.

Richard V. Horrell wrote at 2014-09-05 20:46:45
Dear Mr. Thornton,

Thank you for your e-mail.  The voyage you typed about is as follows:

Departure Date:   November 24, 1942

Departure Location:   New York Port of Embarkation

Troop Ship:   R.M.S. Queen Elizabeth

Arrival Date:   November 29, 1942

Arrival Location:   Gourock, Scotland

Would you be so kind as to share with me the name of the troop ship that returned you to the U.S.A. in 1945?  Date & location you departed the E.T.O. as well as the date & location you arrived at an East Coast Port of Embarkation?  The facts in Box #36 on page two of your discharge Documents may assist your recollection

Richard V. Horrell

WW 2 Connections

Forrest Thornton wrote at 2015-03-07 23:58:03
Yes, I came back  to the USA on the SS Rensselear Victory ship From Antwerp, Belgium. sailed Oct 3 1945, Arrived   Boston Oct 12, 1945.  Do you know if anyone is still living that were from the 107th Ord. MM Co?

Military History

Richard V. Horrell

Can answer: World War Two. Specifically, the troop transport ships that took US Military Personnel overseas & returned them to the US, 1941-47. Also, unit history of US Army QM, Signal, MP, Ordnance, Medical, Transportation & Engineer units that served during WW 2. The more obscure units are my specialty. If you have the APO that a Veteran sent letters from or received letters at, I can look up the history of that APO.

A lifelong study of WW 2, including participation as a WW 2 Re-enactor, 1980-2002. Also, interviewing over 400 WW 2 Veterans about their role in WW 2.

AASLH, Middle Tennessee Genealogical Society

Over 800 Profiles that I have written for client's about their loved one's role in WW 2.

BA, History & Political Science (19th & 20th Century European History) Webster University, Webster Groves, MO.

Assisting the National Archives on numerous occasions during the 50th Anniversary Commemoration of WW 2, 1991-95.

Respectfully, I do not disclose the names of the clients I deal with. I have a confidentially agreement with them.