Military History/Identify a Military Uniform

Question
Military
Military  
I want to identify the person in the photo and need to know what military uniform he has on. Also what war. I think the  photo must be around the late 1800's or early 1900's. The picture is a Photograph Post Card; It has been trimmed down so can't determine the size to closely date it. Also, not a research question, but in your best judgement can you give a guess at the man's age?

Hope you can help!

Answer
I will investigate and come back to you with any results. An educated guess is that he is in his 20ies or early 30ies though late teens may be possible too. Another educated guess is that this is from the early 20th century.

You can also reach me at: http://www.liveperson.com/professional/expert-profile.aspx?gsBMQvSJ0S4K1haAm6AtH
There is no limit to the number of questions there. Please note: NEW SITE!

Donations are also always welcome! No amount is too small, no amount is too big!

I have discussed your picture with my friend Lt. Col. S. Bojerud (Royal Swedish Army, Ret.). He has a broad knowledge of the subject and most things in military history. His opinion - and for what it is worth I agree - is that the picture is from the USA. It shows a US Army uniform, probably cavalry or artillry from around 1917 to 1918. It is the uniform of a private. I do hope this answers your question!

Military History

Claes-Gustaf Nordquist, M.D.