Military History/letters from the war

Recently I discovered hundreds of letters my father wrote to my mother from 1941 to 1953 while he was in the army.  The letters are a treasure and are fascinating. They led me to do some research and while I have learned a great deal, there is still much to learn.  He was in bushmaster training (Panama), was in the 71st light infantry experiment and then off to company K, 112th I.R. to the Hurtgen Forest where he was amazed to survive.  But he started in company E (Live Oak), 124th Infantry, Florida National Guard.  I have lots of questions but I'll start by asking if you can direct me where to find specific information about company E.  Thanks much.

Dear Greg,
         He was with Company E, 2nd Battalion, 124th Infantry Regiment (stationed at Live Oak, Florida) to be specific. You can contact the U.S. Army Center of Military History located at Carlisle, Pennsylvania and the National Archives Research Administration-Modern Military Records Department in College Park, Maryland. You can also contact the U.S. Army Institute of Heraldry in Washington, D.C. as well as the Florida National Guard located in St. Marks Barracks in St. Augustine, Florida. All the places I mentioned can be found on the internet. May God Bless-Lt. Colonel Robert A. Lynn, Florida Guard  

Military History

LTC Robert A. Lynn, Florida Guard

I can answer both specific and general military history questions from ancient times to the present. I also provide references and footnotes where I obtained the answers from.