Military History/meanings...

Question
What exactly was A field press censor's job,in the ETOUSA,in England in 1943
and how come he was assigned to 8 different places in England  thru 1943?

Answer
A "field press censor's job" was to censor the news stories prepared by members of the media in the field.  The news story was not censored at HQ in London, but at the location the news story was prepared at.
"he was assigned to 8 different places in England" because news stories were being prepared at multiple locations in Great Britain during 1943.

Military History

Richard V. Horrell