Military History/Please ID this Military Coat

Question
Military Jacket
Military Jacket  

Button
Button  
Hello, I have this coat which is pea green, of course, and has buttons of an Eagle carrying an Anchor. Can you tell me what era and which rank wore this coat and on what occasion? It is from an estate sale so my guess would be WWII era.

Thanks,
Jason

Answer
Dear Jason,
         This is a World War II/Korean War U.S. Marine Corps blouse and the button is one of those found on the uniform blouse. As a U.S. Marine who served for ten years, this blouse is little changed from the one issued and worn now. You are missing the buckle that goes with the blouse's belt though. This was the wool blouse where as now they are made of light weight cotton. May God Bless-Lt. Colonel Robert A. Lynn, Florida Guard

Military History

LTC Robert A. Lynn, Florida Guard