Military History/My Uncle's discharge Papers

Question
My uncle has told me stories of landing at D-Day +4 with Patton and drove his flat bed trucks on to Omaha Beach and how he was almost captured at the Battle of the Bulge.

I just received his discharge papers and need help understanding his decorations and citations and what unit and army he was assigned to.

Military Qualification
Expert Carbine 7 Nov 43

Battles and campaigns
Normandy, Northern France, Rhineland, Central Europe GO 33 WD 45

ORGANIZATION
43RD MOBILE REPAIR & RECLAMATION SQ

RANK
M/SGT

DECORATIONS AND CITATIONS ON HONORABLE DISCHARGE

EAME CAMPAIGN MEDAL WITH 4 BRONZE STARS
MERITORIUS UNIT AWARD G0 85 Hq IX AFSC 16 JUL 45
AMERICAN DEFENSE SERVICE MEDAL
GOOD CONDUCT MEDAL

REMARKS
Lapel Button Issued ASR Score (2 Sep 1945) - 87

Can you please explain what he did and what he earned and sorry for misspelling I typed the exact language from the discharge.

Answer
Dear Sir,
       Thank You for your question.  In it you typed "landing at D-Day +4 with Patton".  Respectfully, in the context of WW 2 (September 1, 1939-September 2, 1945) the first time General George S. Patton, Jr. set foot in metropolitan France was July 6, 1944.  D plus 4 was June 10, 1944.
       In your question you typed "he was almost captured at the Battle of the Bulge."  Please note the four Campaigns you listed.  Ardennes-Alsace (Battle of the Bulge) is not listed.
       Your uncle participated in four Campaigns:

Normandy:        June 6-July 24, 1944
Northern France  July 25-September 14, 1944
Rhineland        September 15, 1944-March 21, 1945
Central Europe   March 22-May 8, 1945

The "43RD MOBILE REPAIR & RECLAMATION SQ" was the unit listed in Box #6 on page two of your uncle's Discharge Documents.  It was the unit your uncle was assigned to when he was discharged, but not necessarily the unit he was assigned to prior to May 8, 1945.
       In my OPINION, the most important FACT you provided me was "Hq IX AFSC".  The unit your uncle was assigned to prior to May 8, 1945 was assigned to the Ninth Air Force Service Command.  What is typed in Box #4 on page two of your uncle's Discharge Documents?  Is it AAF?  AAC?  
       Unfortunately, without all the FACTS on page two of your uncle's Discharge Documents I cannot provide you with all the answers you desire.  May I suggest that you photocopy your uncle's Discharge Documents (all four pages) then send the photocopies to me via First Class USPS.  Please include your e-mail address for ease of response.
       Good Luck with your quest.

Respectfully,
   Richard V. Horrell
    WW 2 Connections
     211 Union St.   #611
      Nashville   TN   37201-1502  

Military History

Richard V. Horrell