Military History/WW 2 Question - Grandfather's Discharge Document

Question
Good Afternoon Mr. Horrell:
I am attempting to trace my grandfather’s journey from the US to Europe and back during WW II.  While I have been able to determine he was part of the 9th Infantry Division there doesn’t seem to be much more on the internet.  I was hoping you may be able to share any information based on what I have supplied below.  Thank you for reviewing this information.
Grade:  S Sgt
Arm or Service:  MD
Component:  AUS
Date of Entry:  12 May 43
Organization:  484th Medical Collection Company
Date of Separation:  12 Nov 45
Place of Separation:  Sep Pt CP Swift Tex
Military Occupational Specialty & no.:  Mess Sgt 824
Battles & Campaigns:  Ardennes GO 40 WD 45, Cent Europe GO 40 WD 45, Rhineland GO 40 WD 45
Decorations and Citations:  EAME SV Medal, Good Conduct Medal, WW II Victory Medal, AT SV Medal
Service Outside Continental U.S. & Return
  Departure:  4 Oct 44   Destination:  ETO      Arrival:  15 Oct 44
  Departure:  31 Jul 45   Destination:  USA      Arrival:  5 Aug 45
Lapel Button Issued
ASR Score 53  2 Sep 45

Respectfully,
Darren

Answer
Dear Sir,
       Thank you for your question.  Also, THANK YOU for referring to me as "Mr. Horrell".  Good Manners NEVER go out of style.
       In your question you typed "While I have been able to.......much more on the internet."  Since anyone can type any information on the internet, it is best to rely upon books for FACTS.  Books have editors to check for factual content, the internet has no editors.
       Since you "have been able to determine that he was part of the 9th Infantry Division" I suggest you obtain a copy of the 9th Infantry Division's Unit History for WW 2:

Eight Stars To Victory
by Captain Joseph B. Mittelman

Battery Press, located in Nashville   TN   has done a superb reprint of the excellent unit history.

Grade:   Staff Sergeant, pay was $96.00 per month
Arm or Service:   Medical Department
Component:   Army of the United States (as opposed to the Regular Army or National Guard) to serve for the duration plus six months
Date of Entry:   one of 3,323,970 men DRAFTED that year
Organization:   assigned to Ninth Army prior to May 8, 1945
Campaigns:   Rhineland        September 15, 1944-March 21, 1945
         Ardennes-Alsace  December 16, 1944-January 15, 1945
         Central Europe   March 22-May 8, 1945
Decorations & Citations:   European Theater of Operation Campaign Ribbon with three bronze Campaign Stars; Good Conduct Ribbon; WW 2 Victory Ribbon

Good Luck with your quest.

Sincerely,
   Richard V. Horrell
    WW 2 Connections
     211 Union St.   #611
      Nashville   TN   37201-1502

Military History

Richard V. Horrell