Military History/2072nd QM Truck Co.

Question
Dear Mr. Horrell  thank you for your past help with my quest to follow my fathers unit in Europe.
Do you have knowledge of print material that would show dates and location of the  2072. QM Truck Co
During the start of the 5 campaigns of witch it was credited ? Also did the 2072 QM truck Co remain attached to 12 Air force for the duration of the invasion .
Thank you for this service and your knowledge. Burl Whatley

Answer
Dear Sir,
       Thank You for your follow-up.  In it you typed "Do you have knowledge of.......it was credited?"  No, not directly.  You may wish to contact:

US Army Heritage & Education Center
Carlisle Barracks   PA   17013-5050

http://www.carlisle.army.mil/ahec/index.cfm

to learn is the unit records are at that location or not.
       In your follow-up you typed "did the 2072 QM truck Co remain attached to the 12 Air force for the duration of the invasion."  I have no knowledge, what-so-ever, that the 2072nd QM Truck Company was ever assigned and/or attached to the Twelfth Airforce.  The Twelfth Airforce was located in the Mediterranean Theater of Operation.  The Meritorious Unit Commendation presented to the 2072nd QM Truck Company was from HQ, Ninth Airforce Service Command.

Respectfully,
   Richard V. Horrell
    WW 2 Connections
     211 Union St.   #611
      Nashville   TN   37201-1502

Military History

Richard V. Horrell