Military History/2072nd QM Truck Co.

Dear Mr. Horrell  thank you for your past help with my quest to follow my fathers unit in Europe.
Do you have knowledge of print material that would show dates and location of the  2072. QM Truck Co
During the start of the 5 campaigns of witch it was credited ? Also did the 2072 QM truck Co remain attached to 12 Air force for the duration of the invasion .
Thank you for this service and your knowledge. Burl Whatley

Dear Sir,
       Thank You for your follow-up.  In it you typed "Do you have knowledge was credited?"  No, not directly.  You may wish to contact:

US Army Heritage & Education Center
Carlisle Barracks   PA   17013-5050

to learn is the unit records are at that location or not.
       In your follow-up you typed "did the 2072 QM truck Co remain attached to the 12 Air force for the duration of the invasion."  I have no knowledge, what-so-ever, that the 2072nd QM Truck Company was ever assigned and/or attached to the Twelfth Airforce.  The Twelfth Airforce was located in the Mediterranean Theater of Operation.  The Meritorious Unit Commendation presented to the 2072nd QM Truck Company was from HQ, Ninth Airforce Service Command.

Richard V. Horrell
    WW 2 Connections
     211 Union St.   #611
      Nashville   TN   37201-1502

Military History

Richard V. Horrell

Can answer: World War Two. Specifically, the troop transport ships that took US Military Personnel overseas & returned them to the US, 1941-47. Also, unit history of US Army QM, Signal, MP, Ordnance, Medical, Transportation & Engineer units that served during WW 2. The more obscure units are my specialty. If you have the APO that a Veteran sent letters from or received letters at, I can look up the history of that APO.

A lifelong study of WW 2, including participation as a WW 2 Re-enactor, 1980-2002. Also, interviewing over 400 WW 2 Veterans about their role in WW 2.

AASLH, Middle Tennessee Genealogical Society

Over 800 Profiles that I have written for client's about their loved one's role in WW 2.

BA, History & Political Science (19th & 20th Century European History) Webster University, Webster Groves, MO.

Assisting the National Archives on numerous occasions during the 50th Anniversary Commemoration of WW 2, 1991-95.

Respectfully, I do not disclose the names of the clients I deal with. I have a confidentially agreement with them.