Military History/351st Infantry Regiment, 88th Infantry Division

My dad , Robert E. Bivins was with the 351 Infantry 88th Division, Luna Company. He was shot while in Italy by "friendly" fire.  His papers say Staff Sergeant Infantry AUS. He served at Rome-Arno. He received the Bronze Service Medal, ETO Ribbon, Good Conduct Medal and three Overseas Service Bars.

His papers say Staff Sergeant Infantry AUS. He was a section leader of a light mortar company. The number 38213787 is on his discharge paper. Robert E. Branson was his Personal officer.

Depart date 11/12/43, arrive date 12/4/43 Africa is on his paperwork. It looks like it arrived back in the states after being shot on 6/4/45.

Would you know what "no time lost under AW-107" is?

Any information will be appreciated. Also, anything that you recommended to read?

Thanks Mr. Horell

Dear Ms.,
       Thank you for your question.  In it you typed "Would you know what "no time lost under AW-107" is?"  Yes.  Please refer to Box #22 & Box #24 on page two of your father's Discharge Documents.  The dates typed in both boxes should be the same.  That means your father did not request a delay for his entry into the US Army from the date he was inducted.
       In your question you typed "Also, anything that you recommended to read?"

The Blue Devils in Italy
by John P. Delaney
Nashville        The Battery Press        1988
    ISBN: 0-89839-107-5

You may also wish to read the Army Green Series volume "Cassino To the Alps".  A bit dry, but I always enjoy just the facts.  Lastly:

From Salerno To the Alps
by Chester G. Starr
Nashville        The Battery Press        1979
    ISBN: 0-89839-022-2

Good Luck with your quest.

Richard V. Horrell
    WW 2 Connections
     211 Union St.   #611
      Nashville   TN   37201-1502

Military History

Richard V. Horrell

Can answer: World War Two. Specifically, the troop transport ships that took US Military Personnel overseas & returned them to the US, 1941-47. Also, unit history of US Army QM, Signal, MP, Ordnance, Medical, Transportation & Engineer units that served during WW 2. The more obscure units are my specialty. If you have the APO that a Veteran sent letters from or received letters at, I can look up the history of that APO.

A lifelong study of WW 2, including participation as a WW 2 Re-enactor, 1980-2002. Also, interviewing over 400 WW 2 Veterans about their role in WW 2.

AASLH, Middle Tennessee Genealogical Society

Over 800 Profiles that I have written for client's about their loved one's role in WW 2.

BA, History & Political Science (19th & 20th Century European History) Webster University, Webster Groves, MO.

Assisting the National Archives on numerous occasions during the 50th Anniversary Commemoration of WW 2, 1991-95.

Respectfully, I do not disclose the names of the clients I deal with. I have a confidentially agreement with them.