Military History/B-24 Liberator bomber/"Michigan"

Question
Johnny:  hope you can help....trying to be of some help to the Yankee air museum, Belleview, Michigan. The B-24, in addition of the name "michigan", had an attractive girl painted on the nose section, plus a painting of a building located at the stadium of the University of michigan.  Don't have more informaton, such as the theatre of assignment or if lost during a mission. Any and all info available appreciated...or a site to go to.

Answer
Well , if you have a photo of the B-24 that shows the fuselage and or tail I can tell you what Group it was with and that would help as you could contact their online "reunion" page , if not here's some other "sites" that should be able to help you , all are very good research sites!

b24bestweb.com
b24.net
ArmyAirForces.com

Hope this helps, if you have a photo and can send me a scan , I'll see if I can tell you what unit , have a great day !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Johnny

Military History

Johnny Signor