Military History/Bomb runs

Hi Keith - Is a B17 able to drop more than one "load" of bombs on a single run?  Thanks!

The bombadier had a great deal of control over the bombs.  He could specify the interval between bombs, and bombs to release, or the Train, or series or rack.  The bomber had two racks side by side.  He could drop on or both, or individual bombs.  Later model fortresses had external racks on the wings as well.  Here is a site with photos of the bomadier controls which pretty clearly show the selection variety he had.  G, H, I and W are teh relevant controls shown.

Military History

Keith H. Patton

I can answer questions pertaining to weapons and tactics, personalities, battles, and strategies in european and U.S. history.

I was a history major, and had done extensive research in the subject area. I have designed and tested numerous computer games for various
historical periods.

B.A History M.S. Science
I have had the opportunity to live abroad and walk numerous battlefields both in the United States, Europe, and the Pacific.