Military History/Military unit, WW 2

Question
Do you have any information on the 714th Engineer Depot Company ? Did they have a shoulder patch and what did it look like? What Army command did they serve with? What Battles and Campaigns are GO 33 & 40, WD 45 ? If you can find this information  it would be be greatfuly apperceated . Tom

Answer
Dear Sir,
       Thank you for your question.  In it you typed "Do you have any information on the 714th Engineer Depot Company".  The FACTS that I have are that commanded by Captain E.J. Lopatowski, the 714th Engineer Depot Company participated in the:

Northern France     July 25-September 14, 1944

Campaign in the ETO during WW 2.
       In your question you typed "Did they have a shoulder patch and what did it look like".  Yes, the members of the 714th Engineer Depot Company did wear a shoulder patch on the upper left sleeve of their garment.  On a blue oval, "twin thunderbolts representing the ground and air forces breaking the chain enslaving Europe.  The twin thunderbolts also formed the V for Victory symbol common to both US and British forces."
       In your question you typed "What Army command did they serve with".  The 714th Engineer Depot Company was assigned to "COMM Z" the Logistical Support Entity in support of First Army, Third Army, Ninth Army & Fifteenth Army in the ETO, 1944-45.
       In your question you typed "What Battles and Campaigns are GO 33 & 40, WD 45".  General Order #33 & #40, issued by the War Department in 1945, was the authorization for a specific unit &/or person to be credited with participation of a particular Campaign.
       In your question you typed "If you can find this information it would be greatly apperceated" [sic].  It was my pleasure to provide you with the FACTS you desire.

Respectfully,
   Richard V. Horrell
    WW 2 Connections
     211 Union St.   #611
      Nashville   TN   37201-1502  

Military History

Richard V. Horrell