Military History/Osaka, Japan

My father, Arthur B. Powers, then Lt. Colonel, was stationed in Osaka, Japan at the beginning of the Occupation. He was with the Wolfhound Regiment ,Lightning Division. He went to Japan from Mare Island CA. My mother and we children joined him there in 1946. Is it possible to find out the location of the post at that time? If I go to Osaka I would like to know the location.
Thank you.

Dear Ms.,
       Thank you for your question.  I am unfamiliar with a "Lightning Division" so I am going to assume (something I am loathed to do) that you are referring to the 25th Infantry Division, Tropic Lightning.  The 27th Infantry Regiment was assigned to the 25th Infantry Division throughout WW 2.  The 27th Infantry Regiment's Traditional Designation is "The Wolfhounds".  
       Departing Lingayen Gulf, Luzon, Philippine Islands onboard the USS Du Page on October 2, 1945, the 27th Infantry Regiment anchored in Nagoya Harbor October 9, 1945.  Debarking on October 27, 1945, the 27th Infantry Regiment traveled by train to Naka in Gifu Prefecture.  From there, the 27th Infantry Regiment marched to Kagamigahara Airfield.  It was at this location that the 27th Infantry Regiment would be based at for Occupation Duty in Japan.  
       I have a photograph of Kagamigahara Airfield while the 27th Infantry Regiment was there, a photograph of the Main Gate, The Billiard Room at the Red Cross Building, Command Post, library, & a Dependents Home.
       Good Luck with your quest.

Richard V. Horrell
    WW 2 Connections
     211 Union St.   #611
      Nashville   TN   37201-1502

Military History

Richard V. Horrell

Can answer: World War Two. Specifically, the troop transport ships that took US Military Personnel overseas & returned them to the US, 1941-47. Also, unit history of US Army QM, Signal, MP, Ordnance, Medical, Transportation & Engineer units that served during WW 2. The more obscure units are my specialty. If you have the APO that a Veteran sent letters from or received letters at, I can look up the history of that APO.

A lifelong study of WW 2, including participation as a WW 2 Re-enactor, 1980-2002. Also, interviewing over 400 WW 2 Veterans about their role in WW 2.

AASLH, Middle Tennessee Genealogical Society

Over 800 Profiles that I have written for client's about their loved one's role in WW 2.

BA, History & Political Science (19th & 20th Century European History) Webster University, Webster Groves, MO.

Assisting the National Archives on numerous occasions during the 50th Anniversary Commemoration of WW 2, 1991-95.

Respectfully, I do not disclose the names of the clients I deal with. I have a confidentially agreement with them.