Military History/274th MP Company in China - WW 2

Question
My father served as an MP with the 274th in China. He had a sleeve patch which I have been able to identify as China Combat Command. At the end of the war he was stationed in Shanghia.  He left there on 7/7/46.  I understand he took prisoners back to Germany and then arrived in NY on 8/20/46.  Was he part of the 160th Battlion and/or who he was attached to when he left China?  Can you tell me the name of the ship he was on when he left Shanghia?

Answer
Dear Ms.,
       Thank you for your question.  In it you typed "My father served as an MP with the 274th in China."  The 274th MP Company participated in one L-O-N-G Campaign in the CBI during WW 2.

India-Burma     April 2, 1942-January 28, 1945

In your question you typed "At the end of the war.......arrived in NY on 8/20/1946."  Unfortunately, I have no record of a troop ship making a voyage of the sort you typed.  Obviously the voyage took place, I just do not have a record of the voyage.
       In your question you typed "Was he part of the .......when he left China?"  Respectfully, there should be another word/words between "160th" & Battalion.  160th Field Artillery Battalion?  160th Medical Company?  160th AAA Gun Battalion?  160th Mess Kit Repair Unit?  There were dozens of unit during WW 2 with the numerical designation of 160th Battalion.
       You are welcome to photocopy your father's Discharge Documents, then send the photocopies to me via First Class USPS.  It would be my pleasure to share with you any FACTS I glean from the documents.  Please include your e-mail address for ease of response.
       Good Luck with your quest.

Sincerely,
   Richard V. Horrell
    WW 2 Connections
     211 Union St.   #611
      Nashville   TN   37201-1502  

Military History

Richard V. Horrell