Military History/Alcan highway and beyond

ditty bag
ditty bag  
Can you make out anything on the enclosed image? This is the only information our family has on my great uncle, Glenn P Christianson. I can't tell if I had communicated with you. My last response from allexperts was not signed and images I sent were not considered.

Good Day,
       Thank you for your question.  In it you typed "Can you make out anything on the enclosed image?"  Yes.  Assuming the 13 & the 39 go together, & that CB is for Construction Battalion, I looked up (in books) the history of the 1339th Engineer Construction Battalion.  Originally the 1st Battalion, 331st Engineer General Service Regiment, between the two units they served in all the locations listed on the item you attached an image of.
       In your question you typed "This is the only information our family has on my great uncle".  With all due respect, I disagree.  Your family should have copies of the Veteran's Discharge Documents, unless of course, your family threw them away for some reason.  Still, there may be a copy of the Veteran's Discharge Documents at the Court House of the County the Veteran resided in after WW 2.
       In your question you typed "I can't tell if I had communicated with you."  This is my first response to you.
       Good Luck with your quest.

Richard V. Horrell
    WW 2 Connections
     211 Union St.   #611
      Nashville   TN   37201-1502

Military History

Richard V. Horrell

Can answer: World War Two. Specifically, the troop transport ships that took US Military Personnel overseas & returned them to the US, 1941-47. Also, unit history of US Army QM, Signal, MP, Ordnance, Medical, Transportation & Engineer units that served during WW 2. The more obscure units are my specialty. If you have the APO that a Veteran sent letters from or received letters at, I can look up the history of that APO.

A lifelong study of WW 2, including participation as a WW 2 Re-enactor, 1980-2002. Also, interviewing over 400 WW 2 Veterans about their role in WW 2.

AASLH, Middle Tennessee Genealogical Society

Over 800 Profiles that I have written for client's about their loved one's role in WW 2.

BA, History & Political Science (19th & 20th Century European History) Webster University, Webster Groves, MO.

Assisting the National Archives on numerous occasions during the 50th Anniversary Commemoration of WW 2, 1991-95.

Respectfully, I do not disclose the names of the clients I deal with. I have a confidentially agreement with them.