Military History/Alcan highway

Question
Glen P Christianson
Glen P Christianson  
QUESTION: I am researching my great uncle, Glen P Christianson, caucasion. He worked on the Alcan highway.Born 1907, which makes him 34 in 1942. From Waterloo, IA. Serial number 37192113. I can make guesses on any other info. He was not listed in NARA as enlisted. Died of Rhuematic fever in 1961, a month before I was born. Nickname was "Bobo". Disabled and never worked after the war. He was a member of VFW, American Legion and DAV. I haven't searched them yet. I was hoping for guidance in researching.

ANSWER: My suggestion would be to check the military records at the National Archives. Are you saying that you tried and didn't find anything? Did you try this site? http://www.archives.gov/research/military

I doubt you will get any info from the VFW, Legion or DAV. VSOs do not share information about their members.

Partial 13-39
Partial 13-39  
QUESTION: Thank you for your efforts. I am not surprised with your findings. I am waiting for a death certificate to submit with my SF-108 on him. Being a disabled vet myself,I am familiar with records acquisition. Did you find anything on the patch I sent? It was on the cover of his ditty bag. I haven't discussed proprietary rights of the full image, so I will send a edited version.

Answer
Glad you know about the procedures for getting military personnel records.

Sorry, but I didn't see the patch when answered the question. I just looked at. It isn't anything I'm familiar with, however. I'm sure you'll figure it out, though, when you see his personnel file.

Military History

Marc Leepson