Military History/My Dad's Footprints - WW 2/ETO

DD papers
DD papers  
Trying to trace my dad's action sites during WW2:

Master Sgt Michael G Fekete

26th Infantry Division/ 101st Engineers Infantry Batt.

ETO August 27, 1944 - Nov 4, 1945 (shipped over with Nineth Army/ 12th army group

Bronze Star - Feb. 24, 1945

Attached to 3d army Sept. 28th 1944

Question is Where did he fight /go and when?

Dear Sir,
       I acknowledge your question.  Seems to me the same question was asked of Mr. Trevor Collette within the last 2-3 days.  Mr. Collette's reply seemed quite adequate to me.  I assume then that asking me after Mr. Collette makes me second choice.
       In your question you typed "Master Sgt Michael G Fekete".  Yes, a soldier by that name is listed as assigned to the 26th Infantry Division, Massachusetts National Guard, during WW 2.
       In your question you typed "26th Infantry Division/ 101st Engineer Infantry Batt."  Assigned to the 26th Infantry Division during WW 2 were the 101st Infantry Regiment & the 101st Engineer Combat Battalion, BOTH of the Massachusetts National Guard.  The 101st was either an Infantry Regiment OR an Engineer Combat Battalion, one or the other.
       In your question you typed "ETO August 27, 1944-Nov 4, 1945 (shipped over with Nineth [sic] Army/ 12th army group".  The following are the FACTS of when Ninth Army "shipped over".

Departure Date:   June 22, 1944
Departure Location:   New York Port of Embarkation
Troop Ship:   RMS Queen Elizabeth
Arrival Date:   June 27, 1944
Arrival Location:   Gourock, Scotland

Elements of the 26th Infantry Division, Massachusetts National Guard sailed upon the SS Argentina & USAT Saturnia, August 27-September 7, 1944
       In your question you typed "Attached to 3rd army [sic] Sept. 28, 1944".  The 26th Infantry Division, Massachusetts National Guard was assigned to Third Army September 28, 1944.
       In your question you typed "Question is Where did he fight /go and when?"  I suggest that you read:

The History of the 26th Yankee Division 1941-1945, published by the Yankee Division Veterans Association in 1955.  Printed by Deschamps Bros. in Salem, Massachusetts.  
       Hopefully with the more than adequate reply Mr. Collette provided you & the less than adequate reply I typed, you will have the answers you seek.

Second Choice,
   Richard V. Horrell  

Military History

Richard V. Horrell

Can answer: World War Two. Specifically, the troop transport ships that took US Military Personnel overseas & returned them to the US, 1941-47. Also, unit history of US Army QM, Signal, MP, Ordnance, Medical, Transportation & Engineer units that served during WW 2. The more obscure units are my specialty. If you have the APO that a Veteran sent letters from or received letters at, I can look up the history of that APO.

A lifelong study of WW 2, including participation as a WW 2 Re-enactor, 1980-2002. Also, interviewing over 400 WW 2 Veterans about their role in WW 2.

AASLH, Middle Tennessee Genealogical Society

Over 800 Profiles that I have written for client's about their loved one's role in WW 2.

BA, History & Political Science (19th & 20th Century European History) Webster University, Webster Groves, MO.

Assisting the National Archives on numerous occasions during the 50th Anniversary Commemoration of WW 2, 1991-95.

Respectfully, I do not disclose the names of the clients I deal with. I have a confidentially agreement with them.