Mr. Horrell,
   My father-in-law passed away recently and (being as I'm active duty Navy) I am very curious about any details you may have in regards to his Army Battalion and/or the travels/battles (dates of arrival, transportation, etc.) they were a part of. I have some photos of his discharge paperwork attached to help you in getting some answers for us. I would provide more information but Dad only spoke about the war when he felt up to it. He was a proud man but he wasn't one to brag much about his accomplishments in life. If you need any more information from me, please let me know. My family greatly appreciates what you do, Sir! Thanks and have a great day.

Marty Parsons

Dear Sir,
       Thank you for your question.  Also, THANK YOU for referring to me as "Mr. Horrell".  Good manners NEVER go out of style.
       The inclusion of page two of your father-in-law's Discharge Documents is a real plus for me, THANK YOU.  The content of Box #6, along with the last phrase in Box #33 clearly indicate the unit your father-in-law was assigned to, 1940-45, the 106th Anti-Aircraft Artillery Automatic Weapons Battalion, Kentucky National Guard.  Quite a famous unit in fact, for all the time it spent overseas as well as the quantity of Campaigns & quantity of Amphibious Assaults in the MTO (Mediterranean Theater of Operation)!
       I could go on for the rest of the month, typing of the history of the unit.  The unit did put together a brief unit history of the 106th in 1992, & I have a copy.  Also, I have a file folder filled with FACTS about the 106th.  If you would be so kind as to send me your mailing address via First Class USPS, it would be my pleasure to photocopy all I have, then send the photocopies to you via First Class USPS.
       In your question you typed that your father-in-law "was a proud man but he wasn't one to brag much about his accomplishments in life."  Unfortunately, I never had the honor to meet your father-in-law.  But as a member of the 106th, he had MUCH to be VERY proud of, as per his contribution to the Allied victory in the ETO during WW 2.
       I will eagerly await an envelope from you via First Class USPS.

Richard V. Horrell
    WW 2 Connections
     211 Union St.   #611
      Nashville   TN   37201-1502  

Military History

Richard V. Horrell

Can answer: World War Two. Specifically, the troop transport ships that took US Military Personnel overseas & returned them to the US, 1941-47. Also, unit history of US Army QM, Signal, MP, Ordnance, Medical, Transportation & Engineer units that served during WW 2. The more obscure units are my specialty. If you have the APO that a Veteran sent letters from or received letters at, I can look up the history of that APO.

A lifelong study of WW 2, including participation as a WW 2 Re-enactor, 1980-2002. Also, interviewing over 400 WW 2 Veterans about their role in WW 2.

AASLH, Middle Tennessee Genealogical Society

Over 800 Profiles that I have written for client's about their loved one's role in WW 2.

BA, History & Political Science (19th & 20th Century European History) Webster University, Webster Groves, MO.

Assisting the National Archives on numerous occasions during the 50th Anniversary Commemoration of WW 2, 1991-95.

Respectfully, I do not disclose the names of the clients I deal with. I have a confidentially agreement with them.