Military History/Florida Military Button?

Florida Button
Florida Button  
  I have several of these old Florida buttons that I believe are military of some type.  They measure about 14mm in diameter, and are marked SUPERIOR QUALITY on the reverse.  The button front is a silver metal, but it connects to the what appears to be a brass backing.  Just wondering the background on these and if they have any value.  Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Dear Brian,
         These are reffered to as Florida State Seal buttons that were manufactured between the 1870s and 1880s for Florida state militia units. You would have to go to an appraiser who would know the proper value. May God Bless-Lt. Colonel Robert A. Lynn, Florida Guard

Military History

LTC Robert A. Lynn, Florida Guard

I can answer both specific and general military history questions from ancient times to the present. I also provide references and footnotes where I obtained the answers from.