Military History/search for records

Mr. Sutton: I am looking for a source from the US Army that might have an actual account of my father's actions on Nov.18,1942 at Buna-Gona-Sanananda, New Guinea. He was in the 32nd Red Arrow Div, 128 Infantry, Co. K out of the Wisconsin Nat'l Guard. I have everything else except the actual account. Were those actions documented? His records were probably lost in the fire in 1973 but others tell me the Army was redundant in paperwork so it has to be somewhere. I have written to the NARA but haven't heard back yet. I am going on a cruise this Nov. to the Pacific battle sites including Buna. Any help would be appreciated.

I would be honored to help. I donít have much on the 32nd in my collection but the Australians have done a very detailed history of the New Guinea operations.  I have included a website that may help.  Also contact the 32nd web association; again I have included a link.  Another place to check is you local Congressmanís office.  The staff of your local Congressman has access to a full range of government records and may be able to speed up any data retrieval.  The last link is for the US Army own history.  They have unit histories on the site.  I wish I had more hard information for you but this should help.

Thank you  

Military History

Paul Sutton

I can answer questions on World War Two weapons, tactics, and strategy. I can answer questions on Weapons systems and their development. I can answer guestions on Space exploration history. I am a World War 2 expert. I study Military Weapons Systems and the usage of those systems.

I work for Saint Petersburg College as a TRS or Technology resources specialist. I read 10 to 15 books a year on World War 2 and weapon systems. I also have a BA in History from USF.

I have a BA in history from USF.