Military History/WW 2 Ship name

Question
I am trying to put some information together for our family on my husbands WWII records.  His name is Wayne T. Clausen ( army serial No. 37 345 699 ) he served in the CBI Theater Feb. 1944 - Nov. 1945.  I am trying to find the name of the ship he returned to the USA on.  It left India on Nov. 16, 1945 and arrived in New York on Dec. 21, 1945. (as found in box 36 of his discharge papers.)
Thank you for any help you can provide.

Answer
Good Day,
       Thank you for your question.  Over the decades I have compiled a FACT BASED Troop Ship Data Base, to date with over 8,900 entires.  For me to include an entry, I must have three separate sources, one a Primary Source.  I type this so that you will understand the context of my reply.
       For the voyage you have described, I only have two sources, so I am not 100% sure it was the SS Marine Panther.  The SS Marine Panther departed Calcutta, India November 16, 1945.  Via Colombo, Ceylon; the Suez Canal & the Straits of Gibraltar, the troop ship arrived at the New York Port of Embarkation December 21, 1945.
       Good Luck with your quest.

Sincerely,
   Richard V. Horrell
    WW 2 Connections
     211 Union St.   #611
      Nashville   TN   37201-1502

Military History

Richard V. Horrell