Military History/WWII Photo

WWII Photo
WWII Photo  

WWII Photo
WWII Photo  
I recently discovered the attached picture in a box of old photos and would like to identify the people in the photo. It is obvious that Hitler is in the photo however, who is he addressing? Are they fellow German soldiers based on their uniforms? Are you able to positively identify anyone else in the photo? Any information would be appreciated and I thank you in advance for your assistance."

A fascinating image.  This is of course Hitler meeting naval officers and men.  The man with his back turned is most likely Himmler.  This might have been taken on Hitler’s Personal yacht the Aviso Grille.  The man looking at Hitler is either the Aviso Grille captian or a U-boat commander meeting Hitler.  
It is likely the man in the picture is one of these men

Fregattenkapitän Helmuth Brinkmann, 1 April 1937 – May 1938
Kapitän zur See Günther von der Forst, 7 May 1938 – 9 June 1940
Korvettenkapitän Fritz Poske, 10 June 1940 – 25 October 1940
Korvettenkapitän Edgar Lanz, November 1940 – March 1942
Korvettenkapitän Just, August 1942 – May 1944

I wish I could be more specific but I hope this helps

Please check out the link

Thank you  

Military History

Paul Sutton

I can answer questions on World War Two weapons, tactics, and strategy. I can answer questions on Weapons systems and their development. I can answer guestions on Space exploration history. I am a World War 2 expert. I study Military Weapons Systems and the usage of those systems.

I work for Saint Petersburg College as a TRS or Technology resources specialist. I read 10 to 15 books a year on World War 2 and weapon systems. I also have a BA in History from USF.

I have a BA in history from USF.