Military History/214th Signal Depot Company

Question
Dear Mr. Sutton,

Please tell me what regiment and division of the US Army the
214th Signal Depot Company was a part of during WWII in New Guinea
and Luzon, Philippines.  

Richard Horrell had answered another letter saying what campaigns the 214th
was in.
Please send your answer to my e-mail as well as to this site to help others.
Thank you for your help.

Answer
Greetings

A very interesting unit.  I have checked all the divisions that fought in New Guinea and in Luzon and none of them had the 214 Signals Depot as part of their command structure.  This was a very specialized unit that reported directly to high command thus by passing normal military channels so not part of any local division.  Basically they worked for General MacArthur directly as a non attached unit.  There is very little data on the 214 other than they had special training in the US.  They most likely were used to spy on Japanese radio; then interpret and analysis this information.
I wish I had more information but please check out the link.

Thank you

http://www.ndu.edu/press/lib/images/jfq-56/25.pdf

Military History

Paul Sutton