Military History/75DEC artillery shell

Hello Paul,

I have an artillery shell that I cannot identify.  The shell has the markings 75DEC ~ TE ~ 16PRs ~ SN526L.  13 3/4 Length ~ Opening of shell 3" ~ diameter 3 3/8.  It appears to have no date indications. I would appreciate it very much if you identfy this shell for me.

You have a shell for a French 75mm cannon Model 1897 field artillery piece.  16 is the manufacture date so 1916 was the year of production.  
Please check out the below web link as it will go into more detail about the gun that fired your shell.

Thank you  

Military History

Paul Sutton

I can answer questions on World War Two weapons, tactics, and strategy. I can answer questions on Weapons systems and their development. I can answer guestions on Space exploration history. I am a World War 2 expert. I study Military Weapons Systems and the usage of those systems.

I work for Saint Petersburg College as a TRS or Technology resources specialist. I read 10 to 15 books a year on World War 2 and weapon systems. I also have a BA in History from USF.

I have a BA in history from USF.