Military History/75DEC artillery shell

Question
Hello Paul,

I have an artillery shell that I cannot identify.  The shell has the markings 75DEC ~ TE ~ 16PRs ~ SN526L.  13 3/4 Length ~ Opening of shell 3" ~ diameter 3 3/8.  It appears to have no date indications. I would appreciate it very much if you identfy this shell for me.

Thanks,
Pam

Answer
Greetings

You have a shell for a French 75mm cannon Model 1897 field artillery piece.  16 is the manufacture date so 1916 was the year of production.  
Please check out the below web link as it will go into more detail about the gun that fired your shell.

Thank you

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canon_de_75_mod%C3%A8le_1897  

Military History

Paul Sutton