Military History/Currency Note

I am a currency collector and have recently purchased this note with writing on the back of it.In blue ink on the back of it it reads "Sgt. 6. Patton 36130761". I was wondering if there could be a story behind this of some sort? Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

The name probably reads "SGT. G. Patton" rather than a 6.  The number would be his military Serial Number.  It might be that Sgt. Patton kept the Yen not as a souvenir.

What is the date of issue of the Yen note?  That might give a clue as to whether it was WWII or post War issue.

You can look up his serial number and request his service record by putting in a request here:

Military History

Keith H. Patton

I can answer questions pertaining to weapons and tactics, personalities, battles, and strategies in european and U.S. history.

I was a history major, and had done extensive research in the subject area. I have designed and tested numerous computer games for various
historical periods.

B.A History M.S. Science
I have had the opportunity to live abroad and walk numerous battlefields both in the United States, Europe, and the Pacific.