Military History/Dagger Inscription

Question
dagger inscription
dagger inscription  
I have a German Officers Dress Dagger that was brought home by Carl Listro as a war souvenir.
Can you tell me who the owner of the dagger was from the inscription on the dagger?
Can you tell me if the dagger might have been acquired during the Battle of the Bulge?
Mr. Carl Listro served during the Battle of the Bulge with the 4th Armored Division, 24th Armored Engineer Battalion.
The inscription on the dagger is:
UNS LB. KAMERADEN W. KERN
Z. ERG.
UFFZ. KORPS 6/A.R.77
APRIL 40

Answer
Bruce:

It looks like the inscription contains some German contractions:

Uns  for Unser or "Your"

LB. for "Lieben"  or "beloved" or "Loving"

Kameraden  for Comrades (plural)

Not sure what the W. Kern and Z. Erg. stand for unless they are locations or maybe names of comrades.

UFFZ  stands for UnterOffizierKorps (NCO Corp)  

A.R. Artillieregiment for Artillery Regiment so it would be the 77 A.R. 6th Battalion

To find out more you would have to search german language websites.  I could not find out any more on the  

Military History

Keith H. Patton