Military History/locating Mission lists & Transport Ship

Question
Johnny, My father was a ball turret gunner on a B-24 with the 459th Bombardment Group, 757th Squadron based at Cerignola, Italy.  He flew his 35 missions with the first on October 17, 1944 to Vienna, Austria RR yards and the last April 24, 1945 to Bassano, Italy RR bridge.  I would like to fill in the other missions if possible.  There is a website for the 459th which I have posted some photos and info to, and they have a list of the 459th missions.  However, I have not been able to locate his mission list.  His records were among those destroyed in the 1973 (?) fire.  Is there any other way to try to identify which missions he flew?  Also I would like to identify his transport ship.  I know that Richard V. Horrell is the expert on that, but he is on vacation until July.  My father and his crew left Hampton Road Port of Embarkation on September 8, 1944 and arrived Bari, Italy, October 8, 1944.  Thanks

Answer
Hello Lynn, well I don't know how much this will help but you can try the following and hopefully one or more of the suggestions may help you find what you're looking for ..........

I would first try to find if any of the crew/pilots etc are still around and see if you can contact them , they may have some info , if that doesn't pan out I would try the following sites they are pretty good for info and helpful people on them all .....................

ArmyAirForces.com
b24 bestweb.com
B-24 message board
B24.net
US Militaria Forum

I hope this helps you find what you're looking for , my main area of knowledge is the unit emblems themselves , the designs etc and being an artist of leather patches of same, you can see my work here
http://s1334.photobucket.com/user/EMBLEMHUNTER/library/Patches

Good luck in your search and I really hope I have helped some, have a great day !!!!!!!!
Johnny

Military History

Johnny Signor