Military History/453rdBG emblem

Question
Hello. We are based at Old Buckenham (Station 144) where the 453rd was based. As it's the 70th anniversary of their arrival this year we are producing some commemorative stuff. I have seen the eagle holding the swastika emblem, but we have another emblem; a shield divided vertically with on the left (as viewed), on a red ground, four yellow bombs pointing downward above a white three turreted castle above a yellow lion passant. On the right which is quartered- above "453" (blue on a yellow ground) and below a yellow winged propeller (on a blue ground). Have you any information on this?
Geoff

Answer
The only thing I have on the design is from a small photo I saw online via a friend showing a  granite memorial plaque of this emblem you describe of which I made a rough sketch of , other than that I have no info about when it was created etc , I have been trying to find a good clear scan of this emblem as I'm a leather unit patch artist and have been asked to make the patch , but without clear details I wasn't able to , your description I now have the colors at least .

The only other help I can give as I have nothing else on it would eb to try this site it's a very good one for WW2 AAF insignia help,
ArmyAirForces.com

Do you possibly have a color scan of this emblem you could send me, I'd appreciate it, thanks !
WeBeEmblems@aol.com
Johnny

Military History

Johnny Signor