Military History/Photographs of Pearl Harbor

Diane wrote at 2015-01-20 16:20:40
I have 6 single strips of negatives that have 5 negatives to each strip. The negatives are surrounded by a thick paper and then there is a plastic sleeve over that. On the top of each strip it is stamped, Set No.1, Set No.2 or Set No.3,etc all of them are also stamped OFFICIAL U.S. NAVY PHOTOGRAPHS OF DEC.7,1941 PEARL HARBOR ATTACK. Each negative on the strip is also given a number to go with the set,101, 102,103 and so forth. Under the negatives there are names of battleships and descriptions of the graphic negative. Examples are U.S.S ARIZONA, U.S.S OKLAHOMA, EXPLOSION OF THE U.S.S SHAW and many others. The back of these strips at the top are stamped PEARL HARBOR FILM SERVICE, INC. 2003 KALIA ROAD, 9-D HONOLULU, HAWAII 96815.

I am trying to find out if these are real NAVY negatives? I was told they were possibly for tourist to buy. I have searched the address for Pearl Harbor Film Service INC, and the address does not exist on any of the search engines. Any clues would be greatly appreciated.

Military History

John