Military History/Korean War

QUESTION: I am currently researching the involvement of K Company, US Army's 38th Infantry Regiment, 2nd Infantry Division, in the Korean War. I have two issues that need help. (1) Aside from readily available Google sites, is there a book covering this particular unit (Regiment or Division) during the war? (2) I have seen references to this Company's participation in battles of 'King Hill' but have been unable to identify this hill anywhere. Is there a discussion of fighting on 'King Hill' anywhere in the literature?

I'm trying to help four young men learn more about their deceased father's Korea experience as a member of this unit from mid 1952 through mid 1953.

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your help.

ANSWER: Hi Gerry.
I am sorry I do not have anything down to that level.
Who may be able to help is United States Army Center of Military History at Fort McNair.

I would snail mail them at,

U.S. Army Center of Military History
102 4th Avenue, Building 35
Fort McNair, DC 20319-5060

An answer may take a while.

Good luck with your search.

QUESTION: Thanks for your response.

Perhaps you can tell me whether the Army develops complete histories of the specific battles in which it participates, and if so would the Center of Military History be the place to look for such reports?

As you probably know, the last year of the Korean War was the 'most forgotten' part, and with its veterans quickly expiring, this history will go with them if not recorded.

Again, on behalf of four young men who never met their father as a soldier, I thank you for your interest.

There tons paperwork filed out on every battle. Including after action reports. They can tell you were to look for those in the National Archives if they still are there and not classified. There was a fire in records depot in 1973. If your Congressman is good pleasing those he represents; they could have a staffer make the request for you. If they say yes you will get quicker more complete answer. You can also look battle maps in the West Point Atlas

Military History

Paul Edward Zukowski

My interest is in the area US Military History. I have a special interest in US small arms. The Civil War, WWI and WWII are areas of special interest but I can handle questions on many areas of US military history.

I spent 2 years in Army ROTC and have been a military history buff most of my life. Does spending too much time watching the History Channel Count : )? Here is some general background information as a means of full disclosure. (it appears on all my profiles)
Life Experience
A general biography my fit more here so I offer the following. (it appears on on all my profiles) After all who we are affects our opinions or even inadvertently effect of statements of fact. I hold a AS from Eastern Conn. State Univ. and a BA from Trinity College, Hartford Ct. Plus 11 other professional certifications. I have received 31 awards for various activities. My writings published in ?The Other Voice? and other publications. I have had my original music published, licensed and recorded by David Kaye. I have been a guest on CyberRadio & TV and many other talk radio programs. I welcome interviews and I am willing to act as a technical advisor to various media. I am single and have resided in Hartford, Ct. since 1976. I have no children. I am a political conservative with libertarian leanings. I am a registered Republican. I am a Roman Catholic. I have worked in the following areas, entertainment, real estate, mortgage banking, and human services. I have owned 2 businesses. Some of my interests include politics, law, history, and current events.Hobbies I partake in include music, target shooting and cars (my Camaro rumbles) If you wish to find out more about me, feel free to visit my web page PEZmans World
You can find me in many other areas of

Current Events: U.S.
U.S. Politics
Legislation, Presidential & Congressional Politics
Military Policy & Weapons
Military History
U.S. History
Supreme Court Cases
Crime & Law Enforcement Issues & Death Penalty
Miscellaneous, Serial Murder, Rape, Arson and other sexually motivated crimes
2nd Amendment and Right to Bear Arms
Guns, Firearms, Projectile Weapon Sports
Conspiracies & Extremism
Careers: Music
Hartford, Ct.
Trinity College, Hartford, Ct.
Eastern Connecticut State University

Organizations belong to

Cleo of AX Alpha Chi (former Alpha Chi Chapter of DKE)
National Rifle Association
Connecticut State Rifle and Revolver Assoc.
Windsor Marksman Assoc.
The Republican Party
The Roman Catholic Church
History of Hartford Project

Publications and Media Appearances

?The Other Voice? published articles.
?The Frogbelly Local? published articles.
?Hey Little Lady? {song} published Americord Records
Talk Radio appearances include;
Mornings with Ushi, CyberRadio & TV, Broadcast in Los Angles CA. worldwide via the internet.
The Lynda Mercer Show on Power Talk WULF 94.3 FM Radcliffe, Kentucky
The Allen Price Show on WRVA Newsradio 1140 AM Richmond, VA
and many more.
I have been a tech advisor to more than a dozen authors.

AS from Eastern Conn. State Univ.
BA from Trinity College
11 other professional certifications

I have received 31 awards and honors for various activities.