Military History/Uniform Identification

Question
The Tyrant
The Tyrant  
Hello,  I am looking to identify the uniform in the attached picture.  The photo description has "red army" in the description, but I can not find it anywhere.  The emblem on the hat is not clear when I enlarge it.  It is for a film project.   Any help is appreciated.  Thank You  Tim

Answer
I does look like a Soviet uniform of some kind. I'm sending the picture on to my friend Lt. Col. S. Bojerud. He may be able to figure it out. When I receive an answer from him I'll let you know!
OK?

You can also reach me at: http://www.liveperson.com/professional/expert-profile.aspx?gsBMQvSJ0S4K1haAm6AtH
There is no limit to the number of questions there. Please note: NEW SITE!

Donations are also always welcome! No amount is too small, no amount is too big!

I have talked to Col. Bojerud. His first impression too was that this was a Soviet soldier. However the cap is not correct for this. The marking in the front of the cap is not in the correct place (too high up). Unfortunately that marking is too unclear in the picture to allow any identification too. The coat covers any jacket insignia so that also makes any identification impossible. But the uniform does look like an East Bloc uniform. But more than that can unfortunately not be said.

Military History

Claes-Gustaf Nordquist, M.D.