Military History/V device worn on PUC

I read that the "V" device was authorized to be worn on the Distinguished Unit Citation/PUC for WW II veterans on a site and had never seen that before.  Is that correct?  I have never seen a PUC worn with the "V" device, only Oak Leaf clusters for additional awards.  

Hi Terry

Thanks for the question.

While outside my expertise I did a little research.

According to AR 670-1 the "V" device should NOT be worn with a DUC/PUC. See Table 29-1 (pg 276) Authority for Wear-U.S unit award citations and Section 29-12 (pg 278) Wear of Appurtenances, Subsection 2 Paragraph b.

I hope this helps.

Military History

Trevor Collette

I can answer most specific questions regarding the war on the Eastern Front 1941-45 and general questions on WWII regarding the European Theatre of Operations. I can answer most questions on weapons and vehicles used in those areas of operation, Russian, German, Allied. I can also answer questions on contemporary weapon systems (land/sea/air), nuclear weapons and nuclear war fighting, biological and chemical warfare. I also have an interest in epidemiology and disease in history and Russian history during Stalin, specifically the GuLags. I cannot answer any more questions relating to discharge papers or other paperwork, obtaining military records, ranks and their comparisons, military duties etc. as there are outside my expertise.

3 years Lance Corporal in infantry regiment and 3 years Sapper (Combat Engineer)in Engineer Regiment, both Canadian Army Reserve. Extensive military history library, up until recently I was reading 3-5 books per month on military affairs, then ran out of shelf space, much to my wife's delight.

Business Administration, Human Resources Management