Military History/What do all of these abreviations stand for?

I have a WWI Draft Card listing U.S. Private Cavalry. I have another source regarding the same person listed as: Sergeant, Company D, 1st AAAMG Bn of the Army, 19 Sept 1917 - 20 May 1919. Are both the same? What do all of the abreviations stand for? Does AAAMG equal Antiaircraft Artillery Machine Gunner?
Bn equal Battalion?

Thank you for any help.

Draft cards do not usually list a person's rank or unit. What you have must be something else.

That said, "Bn" is the Army's abbreviation for Battalion

I'm fairly certain AAAMG wasn't an Antiaircraft Artillery group. I found a unit called the Mountain Anti Tank Battalion from World War II and my guess is that AAAMG stood for some sort of Anti Tank unit. Here's a link to a picture of the 727th AAA MG Battalion, Battery A, Camp Hale, Colorado:  

Military History

Marc Leepson

I can answer most questions dealing with all aspects of U.S. military history. My expertise is the Vietnam War. I also have written extensively about the U.S. Civil War, World War II, World War I, The Philippine War, and the American Revolution. My books include a concise biography of the Marquis de Lafayette, the history of the American Flag, and the post-Jefferson history of Monticello, and therefore know a great deal about those specific subjects. I specialize in writing about matters of strategy--not tactics. And I also am interested in personalities. I have very little knowledge about ordnance or the value of old military memorabilia. Nor do I know a lot about uniforms and insignia--except about the Vietnam War. To repeat: I have no expertise in assessing the value of ordnance or uniforms or any type of military equipment. And my knowledge about military uniforms is only limited to those of the Vietnam War era. If you have questions on these topics, I recommend contacting an antiques dealer in your area who specializes in military uniforms, ordnance, etc.

Author and journalist with more than 35 years' experience.

Authors Guild BIO International

New York Times, Washington Post, Wall Street Journal, USA Today, Baltimore Sun, Chicago Tribute, New York Newsday, the Arizona Republic, St. Petersburg Times, Detroit News. Magazines: Smithsonian, Preservation, The VVA Veteran, Vietnam, Civil War Times, America's Civil War, Military History, World War II. Editor: The Webster's New World Dictionary of the Vietnam War

BA, 1967, George Washington University, History MA, 1971, George Washington University, European History

Vietnam Veterans of America Excellence in the Arts Award, 2011

Vietnam Veterans of America