Military History/war and peace

Question
I have read the stat that there have been 26 days of peace without armed conflict since ww2 on a couple of sites but have been unable to find a date for the last day of peace any help would be greatfully recived.

Regards

Graham

Answer
Sorry I do not have that date either. However what is clear and evident is that days of peace with no armed conflict going on anywhere in the world are short, few and far between. So few in fact that you can really argue that they are irrelevant. When I studied military history one of my university professors (in the Royal Swedish Defence Academy) actually argued that all known human societies were primarily organized for the conduct of war and defence. So that is really a very basic function!

You can also reach me at: http://www.liveperson.com/professional/expert-profile.aspx?gsBMQvSJ0S4K1haAm6AtH
There is no limit to the number of questions there. Please note: NEW SITE!

Donations are also always welcome! No amount is too small, no amount is too big!

Military History

Claes-Gustaf Nordquist, M.D.