Military History/World War I

Question
Mr. Marc Leepson,

I was trying to find out where this man would have been buried and some about his unit during WWI.  When would they have gone over to Europe and what battles did they participate in and what awards, medals were issued to this unit. Below is what information I have on this man and his unit.  I do have a letter from the post chaplain after he was killed, taking about his death and how he was buried, but now where.

Battery F, 124 (East, St. Louis) Field Artillery, (L.F.)Artillery,  The 124th was a part of the 58th Field Artillery Brigade, 33rd Division .
Was KIA between the Argonne Forest and the Neuse River)  Oct 7or 8th, 1918.WWI  
Soldiers’ Memorial, Jones Park, East St. Louis, IllinoisMen Named on the Memorial Who Died – World War I 138th (ST. Louis) Infantry   F Battery, 124 (East, St. Louis) Field Artillery  (L.F.)Artillery 33rd. Division Richard Commodore Howell: Birth 13 Oct 1897 in Centralia City, Marion, Illinois.  Death 7 Oct 1918 in WWI battlefield, Verdun, France
HOWELL, Richard C., 20 (08 October 1918)--          Single,   parents dead,  20 North Main Street--        Sister, Mrs. Lena DWYER at 101 N. Main Street-- Killed in action when shell struck mess tent -- PRIVATE, US Army, Battery F, 124th Field Artillery, Argonne Forest, near Verdun--   Enlisted from 101 North Main Street with Field Artillery, trained at Camp Logan, Texas.

U.S., Adjutant General Military Records, 1631-1976 Name: Richard Howell   Date of Enlistment: July 6, 1917 Date of Muster: Aug 8 1917  Remarks: Reported for duty Aug. 8, 1917   Pvt Richard C Howell   Birth:  1897  Death:  (KIA Between the Argonne Forest and the Neuse River)  Oct 7th, . 1918. Meuse-Argonne Offensive. MEUSE-ARGONNE AMERICAN

Thank you so much for your time and effort.  Thank you for your service during Viet Nam.  
Sincerely,  Lois Ann

Answer
Thanks for asking. I don't have any info on the unit.

I have some suggestions, though. Have you tried looking up his official record at the National Archives? The web site is http://www.archives.gov/st-louis/military-personnel

I'd also suggest you contact the Army Center of Military History to see what they have on his unit. http://history.army.mil

Military History

Marc Leepson