Military History/ww2 3044th QM Grave Registration Co

Dear Mr Sutton,
My Father was with the 3044th GR Co
in Italy during the second world war
and was wondering if you could tell me anything
about this unit because I can't find any information
on it?
Terry Hogan

One of the many unsung heroes of World War 2.  Giving the dead the respect they didnít recieve in life was a truly thankless mission but necessary.  The 3044th was heavy involved setting up a temporary cemetery in Sicily in 1943.  Just after the invasion of Sicily the 3044 and 46th built a large cemetery in Gela.  Unfortunately I donít have any other data on the 3044th.   I did find some websites that might help.  The last one might be able to put in contact with someone who might have much more information.

I hope this helps and thank you

Military History

Paul Sutton

I can answer questions on World War Two weapons, tactics, and strategy. I can answer questions on Weapons systems and their development. I can answer guestions on Space exploration history. I am a World War 2 expert. I study Military Weapons Systems and the usage of those systems.

I work for Saint Petersburg College as a TRS or Technology resources specialist. I read 10 to 15 books a year on World War 2 and weapon systems. I also have a BA in History from USF.

I have a BA in history from USF.