Military History/ETO - Regimental Staff Sergeant

Hi!  My father was a Staff Sergeant in H.Q. Company, the 5th  Infantry Division, 10th Infantry Regiment during the ETO.  My understanding is that he was the supply sergeant for the Regiment.  How can I find out the general duties of a supply sergeant?  Any help is appreciated.

Hi Teri

Thanks for the question.

Please find below some links that may help answer your question.

I hope this helps in some small way.

Military History

Trevor Collette

I can answer most specific questions regarding the war on the Eastern Front 1941-45 and general questions on WWII regarding the European Theatre of Operations. I can answer most questions on weapons and vehicles used in those areas of operation, Russian, German, Allied. I can also answer questions on contemporary weapon systems (land/sea/air), nuclear weapons and nuclear war fighting, biological and chemical warfare. I also have an interest in epidemiology and disease in history and Russian history during Stalin, specifically the GuLags. I cannot answer any more questions relating to discharge papers or other paperwork, obtaining military records, ranks and their comparisons, military duties etc. as there are outside my expertise.

3 years Lance Corporal in infantry regiment and 3 years Sapper (Combat Engineer)in Engineer Regiment, both Canadian Army Reserve. Extensive military history library, up until recently I was reading 3-5 books per month on military affairs, then ran out of shelf space, much to my wife's delight.

Business Administration, Human Resources Management