Military History/Meaning of General Orders

My dad served in WW2, army, pacific theatre. He was corporal and Chemical NCO, serving 27th div. 102nd Medical Bn. 774th medical sanitation Company.
On his records he has GO 17, 27, 105, and on discharge
papers there is GO 33 WD 45
Can you please tell me possibly the history of his 102nd medical Bn. or 774 Med. Sanitation Co.,
And what is the meaning of the general orders listed above.
Thank you,
Much appreciated

Dear Ms.,
       Thank you for your question.  In it you typed "On his records he has GO 17, 27, 105, and on discharge papers there is GO 33 WD 45."  Respectfully, what are you referring to when you typed "his records"?  As to your father's "discharge papers" was "GO 33 WD 45" typed in Box #33 on page two of your father's Discharge Document?  If so, it was the authorization to credit your father for participating in the Campaigns listed in Box $32 on page two of your father's Discharge Documents.
       As to a history of the 102nd Medical Battalion, may I suggest you obtain a copy of:

The 27th Infantry Division in World War II
     by Captain Edmund G. Love
    Nashville        The Battery Press, Inc.        2001

This an EXCELLENT reprint of the original, 1949 edition.  Of course, since the 102nd Medical Battalion was a New York NG Unit, you may wish to contact the NG HQ in Albany, to see if there has been published a unit history of the 102nd Medical Battalion.
       As to the 774th Sanitation Company, the only FACTS I could research was the unit's Campaign, which was        Ryukyus     March 26-July 2, 1945        & that the unit served in the Army of Occupation at Okinawa (September 15-December 19, 1945) & Korea (December 20, 1945-March 5, 1946).
       Good Luck with your quest.

Richard V. Horrell
    WW 2 Connections  

Military History

Richard V. Horrell

Can answer: World War Two. Specifically, the troop transport ships that took US Military Personnel overseas & returned them to the US, 1941-47. Also, unit history of US Army QM, Signal, MP, Ordnance, Medical, Transportation & Engineer units that served during WW 2. The more obscure units are my specialty. If you have the APO that a Veteran sent letters from or received letters at, I can look up the history of that APO.

A lifelong study of WW 2, including participation as a WW 2 Re-enactor, 1980-2002. Also, interviewing over 400 WW 2 Veterans about their role in WW 2.

AASLH, Middle Tennessee Genealogical Society

Over 800 Profiles that I have written for client's about their loved one's role in WW 2.

BA, History & Political Science (19th & 20th Century European History) Webster University, Webster Groves, MO.

Assisting the National Archives on numerous occasions during the 50th Anniversary Commemoration of WW 2, 1991-95.

Respectfully, I do not disclose the names of the clients I deal with. I have a confidentially agreement with them.