Military History/Swedish military medals

Question
My great-great-grandfather was given a medal for Swedish military service that literally translates to:  A soldier Johan Falt in Vireda Parish for commendable diligence cultivation.  Does this pertain to farming or his military conduct?  On the back are symbols that could pertain to farming, such as a possible millstone, bale of some sort, handsaw and plow.  Can you give me any additional information please?  Ha served 30 years and came to the US in 1868.  He was born in 1819.
There are also some words on the back that do not translate.

Answer
He most probably belonged to the semiprofessional military organization called "indelningsverket" in which the soldiers were part time soldiers and the rest of the time small scale farmers on small farms provided to them by the Royal Swedish Army (the Navy & Marines also had similar organizations). The time frame you mention supports this. I may be able to provide more information if you can send me pictures of the 2 sides of the medal. You can copy them here.

You can also reach me at: http://www.liveperson.com/professional/expert-profile.aspx?gsBMQvSJ0S4K1haAm6AtH
There is no limit to the number of questions there. Please note: NEW SITE!

Donations are also always welcome! No amount is too small, no amount is too big!

Military History

Claes-Gustaf Nordquist, M.D.