Military History/WW 2 Atlantic Crossing

My Dad crossed the Atlantic aboard the R.M.S. Aquitania along with members of the 2nd Armored Division.

Can you tell me the exact date that the 2nd Armored Division crossed?

Dear Sir,
       Thank you for your question.  With all due respect, I can find no record that the "2nd Armored Division" "crossed the Atlantic aboard the R.M.S. Aquitania".  The 2nd Armored Division departed October/November 1942 as a part of Operation TORCH.  The 2nd Armored Division sailed from the Hampton Roads, VA Port of Embarkation to French Morocco.  May I suggest that you refer to Box #36 on page 2 of your father's Discharge Documents to learn the dates your father sailed overseas & arrived overseas.
       Good Luck with your quest.

Richard V. Horrell  

Military History

Richard V. Horrell

Can answer: World War Two. Specifically, the troop transport ships that took US Military Personnel overseas & returned them to the US, 1941-47. Also, unit history of US Army QM, Signal, MP, Ordnance, Medical, Transportation & Engineer units that served during WW 2. The more obscure units are my specialty. If you have the APO that a Veteran sent letters from or received letters at, I can look up the history of that APO.

A lifelong study of WW 2, including participation as a WW 2 Re-enactor, 1980-2002. Also, interviewing over 400 WW 2 Veterans about their role in WW 2.

AASLH, Middle Tennessee Genealogical Society

Over 800 Profiles that I have written for client's about their loved one's role in WW 2.

BA, History & Political Science (19th & 20th Century European History) Webster University, Webster Groves, MO.

Assisting the National Archives on numerous occasions during the 50th Anniversary Commemoration of WW 2, 1991-95.

Respectfully, I do not disclose the names of the clients I deal with. I have a confidentially agreement with them.