Military History/WW 2 Atlantic Crossing

Question
My Dad crossed the Atlantic aboard the R.M.S. Aquitania along with members of the 2nd Armored Division.

Can you tell me the exact date that the 2nd Armored Division crossed?

Thanks,

James

Answer
Dear Sir,
       Thank you for your question.  With all due respect, I can find no record that the "2nd Armored Division" "crossed the Atlantic aboard the R.M.S. Aquitania".  The 2nd Armored Division departed October/November 1942 as a part of Operation TORCH.  The 2nd Armored Division sailed from the Hampton Roads, VA Port of Embarkation to French Morocco.  May I suggest that you refer to Box #36 on page 2 of your father's Discharge Documents to learn the dates your father sailed overseas & arrived overseas.
       Good Luck with your quest.

Richard V. Horrell  

Military History

Richard V. Horrell