Military History/WW 2 unit responsibilities

Question
Hello! My grandfather served in what he referred to as the 337th Signal Company, Wing, Glided Unit. I have found some into regarding the responsibilities of a Signal Company, but I'm wondering if you have any information regarding why or what a glided unit may have done. Thank you in advance, haven't had much luck so far searching nonlinear. Kind regards!

Answer
Good Day,
  Thank you for your question.  In it you typed "My grandfather served in what he referred to as the 337th Signal Company, Wing, Glided Unit."  Have you any documents or printed sources that confirm this unit designation?
  In my opinion (I know, you desire FACTS, not opinions) the word "Glided" should be Glider.  The 337th Signal Company, Troop Carrier Wing (official numerical designation)was a US Army unit, attached (important word) to the Troop Carrier Command, Ninth Army Air Force.  Troop Carrier Command were the C-47's & their crews that dropped paratroopers & towed gliders for the Allies during WW 2.  
  Again, in my opinion, your grandfather was assigned to the Glider Unit (Section) of the 337th Signal Company, Troop Carrier Wing.  You may wish to continue your research, focusing on the Ninth Army Air Force.
  Good Luck with your quest.

Respectfully,
   Richard V. Horrell
    WW 2 Connections

Military History

Richard V. Horrell