Military History/92nd Infantry Division

Question
LTC. Lynn:
How can I determine what Army prison in Italy would have housed members of the 92nd Infantry Division during WWII?
Thanks,
Brett

Answer
Dear Brett,
         I apologize for not getting back to you sooner but I was researching your request and the answer finally came to me on the internet from the following magazine:

*Any U.S. military personnal would have been held at the 6677th Disciplinary Training Center located near Naples, Italy. It was guarded by members from the Mediterranean Theater of Operations guard force and the 342nd MP Escort Guard Company. Further information can be found in the April-June, 2011 issue of the Trading Post Magazine. The article was written by John R. Pulton and information is given on the 6677th Disciplinary Training Center (DTC). Major General Edward (Nate) Almond, Commanding General of the 92nd Infantry Division, recommended and approved the most executions in the Mediterranean Theater of Operations (MTO)-11. I hope this helps and may God bless-Lt. Colonel Robert A. Lynn, Florida Guard  

Military History

LTC Robert A. Lynn, Florida Guard