Military History/92nd Infantry Division - Buffalo Soldiers

Mr. Horrell:
My questions are:
How can I determine if the General W.P. Richardson or which ship transported the 367th Regimental Combat Team of the 92nd Infantry from Newport News to Naples?
In what Army prison would 92nd Infantry Division Soldiers in Italy been placed after conviction?
Brett M. Tyler

Dear Sir,
       Thank you for your question.  The USS General W.P. Richardson  AP-118 departed the Boston Port of Embarkation on December 10, 1944 for its first voyage overseas with troops onboard.  The 365th Infantry Regiment arrived in Italy October 27, 1944, the 370th Infantry Regiment arrived in Italy July 24, 1944 & the 371st Infantry Regiment arrived in Italy October 18, 1944.  Therefore all three Infantry Regiments assigned to the 92nd Infantry Division were already overseas prior to the USS General W.P. Richardson  AP-118 first voyage.
       As to the "367th Regimental Combat Team", I can find no source indicating the 367th Infantry Regiment was assigned to the 92nd Infantry Division during WW 2.  PLEASE correct me if I am in error.
       From early July 1944 through V-E Day, any Fifth Army soldier convicted of a crime would have been held in Rome or Naples, prior to being transported via Troop Ship to the USA & ultimately Ft. Leavenworth, Kansas.
       Good Luck with your quest.

Richard V. Horrell
    WW 2 Connections  

Military History

Richard V. Horrell

Can answer: World War Two. Specifically, the troop transport ships that took US Military Personnel overseas & returned them to the US, 1941-47. Also, unit history of US Army QM, Signal, MP, Ordnance, Medical, Transportation & Engineer units that served during WW 2. The more obscure units are my specialty. If you have the APO that a Veteran sent letters from or received letters at, I can look up the history of that APO.

A lifelong study of WW 2, including participation as a WW 2 Re-enactor, 1980-2002. Also, interviewing over 400 WW 2 Veterans about their role in WW 2.

AASLH, Middle Tennessee Genealogical Society

Over 800 Profiles that I have written for client's about their loved one's role in WW 2.

BA, History & Political Science (19th & 20th Century European History) Webster University, Webster Groves, MO.

Assisting the National Archives on numerous occasions during the 50th Anniversary Commemoration of WW 2, 1991-95.

Respectfully, I do not disclose the names of the clients I deal with. I have a confidentially agreement with them.