Military History/Civil War sword?

Question
full sword
full sword  

handle
handle  
Hi there, I have come across a sword that I cannot find any markings on.  The sword is about 29.5 inches long and I was told that the sword was found in an attic on the East Coast many years ago.  The person selling the sword said in was an 1860 Civil War Calvary Sword but without any markings I am not so sure. Is there any way to tell if this is an authentic sword without markings.  The black part of the handle appears to be wood, but there is no leather strapping around it.  Any help would be appreciated.

Answer
This is something you going need to have looked at in person. US Saber would have marking on it. Model and the maker. CSA saber might not have marking if it was made toward the end of the war. This place deals in there try contacting them. http://www.civilwarantiqueshop.com

Military History

Paul Edward Zukowski