Military History/WW II- 201st Mexican Fighter Squadron

Question
Hello,

I need an expert to vet information about the 201st Mexican Air Fighter Squadron that served with the US during WW II. Are you familiar with this squadron? Or could you point me in the right direction to someone who might be?

Thanks!

Answer
Hello Jessica, I know that the 201st Mexican Fighter Squadron was part of the WW2 USAAF 58th Fighter Group ,and that they flew US P-47 Thunderbolt aircraft in Mexican markings , as to indepth info , I would suggest you contact the following sites ,

P47Pilots.com
US Militaria Forum (this site has areas to post "seeking info" and is free to register/post)
Army Air Forces.com (same as above as to posting etc)

And finally the 58th Fighter Group should have an online reunion page and should have a historian that can help with what you need , I mostly specialize in the "emblems" themselves and have a image of the 201st Sqd which was a "Disney" designed type , If you ever want a Leather patch of this one made I can do this for you , you can e mail me for info , and see examples of various patches I've made at the link, e mail- WeBeEmblems@aol.com

link for patch photos,
http://s1334.photobucket.com/user/EMBLEMHUNTER/library/Patches

Have a great day and I hope this helps you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Johnny  

Military History

Johnny Signor