Military History/WW II MOS

Question
Sir; My late Father served in the Army in WWII. He was a buck Sergeant, and his MOS according to his unit morning report dated 12 Nov, 44, has him listed as a 653. I pulled up TM 12- 427 and it wasn't listed. Then it dawned on me, he was an NCO not Enlisted. Can you tell me exactly what 653 is? Thank you, Sir! And God Bless.

Answer
Dear Bud,
       Look at the current TM 12-427 dated 12 July 1944 and look in Appendix 1 at the bottom of the page where it mentions Table II. What formal school did your father attend and what unit(s) was he with? This will give you an idea of what he did. Being an NCO, didn't mean he had a different MOS. Please let me know. May God Bless-Lt. Colonel Robert A. Lynn, Florida Guard  

Military History

LTC Robert A. Lynn, Florida Guard