Military History/WWII awards and decorations

I'm trying to put together some details on my Dad's service in the US Army to our country in WWII along with some info on his possible awards and decorations.  His separation papers state that he was with the 106th Division 424th Regiment and that he was overseas from Oct.28, 1944 thru Feb.11, 1945. He was relieved of combat duties overseas and sent back to the states with a disability discharge for frostbite of the feet.  Battles listed was Rhineland and awards listed was EAME with the bronze service star.  Someone awhile back told me that he was awarded the CIB and PUC with no verification but this is not listed on the separation papers.  I would appreciate any info you could help me with.  Thanks, John

Dear John,
        Your father's service entitles him to wear the European-African-Middle East Campaign Medal with one star and the World War II Victory Medal. In 1947, the U.S. Congress awarded all recipients of the CIB were to be awarded the Bronze Star with V device. He participated in both the Ardennes-Alsace and Rhineland campaigns. The 424th Infantry Regiment was also attached to the 7th Armored Division from 24-30 December 1944 and the 99th Infantry Division from 5-9 February 1945. There is no record of the 424th Infantry Regiment being awarded any Distinguished Unit Citations (now called the Presidential Unit Citation) while serving with the 106th or 99th Infantry Divisions as well as the 7th Armored Division.

Respectfully Submitted,

Lt. Colonel Robert A. Lynn, Florida Guard  

Military History

LTC Robert A. Lynn, Florida Guard

I can answer both specific and general military history questions from ancient times to the present. I also provide references and footnotes where I obtained the answers from.