Military History/359th Inf Reg (WWI)

Question
LTC Lynn, My grandfather was with the 359th as a Master Sergeant, First Sergeant, and Regimental Supply Sergeant (SGM).  I have number of his artifacts that we have kept in the family to include a pistol (Sauer Bros. taken from a German Officer), his issue shaving mirror, the NCO/Enlisted handbook, and the 359th Yearbook with photos all the way down to company level.  If you would like me to scan or photograph any of this information, please let me know.

You would;t happen to be related to Al Lynn?  I served in the Florida Guard from 1979-1985 as XO and Troop Commander of E Troop, 153d Cav, 53d Inf Bde.  And as Asst S-3 of the 53rd Inf Brigade.  I noticed you were in the FLARNG.

D. Brooks Hodges III
BG (Ret)
USA
Dec 1970-Dec 2011

Answer
Dear Brigadier General Hodges III,
         In response to your question sir, no I'm not related to an Al Lynn. I'm sorry about that but I would be interested in the 359th's photographs which could probably help the families of those veterans wanting any information on their loved ones.

Respectfully Submitted,

Robert  

Military History

LTC Robert A. Lynn, Florida Guard