Military History/546th Ordnance Heavy Maintenance Company

I am looking for information on the 546th Ordinance Heavy Maintenance Company during WWII. Area of operations, Battle History, Awards if any, etc. Anything that you can provide would be of great value.
Thank you.

Dear Sir,
       Thank you for your question.  I am having a bit of trouble conducting the research you asked for, since their are potentially two Ordnance Units with quite similar numerical Designation.  
       There is the 546th Ordnance Heavy Maintenance Company, which participated in the following Campaigns:

Northern France   July 25-September 14, 1944
Rhineland         September 15, 1944-March 21, 1945

The second unit is question is the 896th Ordnance Heavy Automotive Maintenance Company, activated July 7, 1943.  This unit participated in the following Campaigns:

Northern France        July 25-September 14, 1944
Rhineland          September 15, 1944-March 21, 1945
Ardennes-Alsace        December 16, 1944-January 15, 1945
Central Europe         March 22-May 8, 1945

De-activated on December 4, 1945, the unit was re-designated the 546th Ordnance Heavy Automotive Maintenance Company on February 10, 1947.  The odds are that somehow these are two different units, but to be sure I request your help.
       What is your purpose for obtaining "information" about this unit?  Random interest?  If so, please explain why this unit is of interest.  If you knew a Veteran that was assigned to the unit, what is your source that the Veteran was assigned to the 546th?  Box #6 on page two of WD AGO Form 53-55?  The address or the return address on the envelope of the Veteran's wartime correspondence?  An APO number?  I need more "information" from you so that I may begin to research for FACTS about the unit in question.
       If this is about a Veteran you have an interest in, would you be so kind as to scan page two of WD AGO Form 53-55, then attach the scan to your follow-up?  A Primary Source Document is always invaluable toward ACCURATE historic research.
       Good Luck with your quest.

Richard V. Horrell
    WW 2 Connections  

Military History

Richard V. Horrell

Can answer: World War Two. Specifically, the troop transport ships that took US Military Personnel overseas & returned them to the US, 1941-47. Also, unit history of US Army QM, Signal, MP, Ordnance, Medical, Transportation & Engineer units that served during WW 2. The more obscure units are my specialty. If you have the APO that a Veteran sent letters from or received letters at, I can look up the history of that APO.

A lifelong study of WW 2, including participation as a WW 2 Re-enactor, 1980-2002. Also, interviewing over 400 WW 2 Veterans about their role in WW 2.

AASLH, Middle Tennessee Genealogical Society

Over 800 Profiles that I have written for client's about their loved one's role in WW 2.

BA, History & Political Science (19th & 20th Century European History) Webster University, Webster Groves, MO.

Assisting the National Archives on numerous occasions during the 50th Anniversary Commemoration of WW 2, 1991-95.

Respectfully, I do not disclose the names of the clients I deal with. I have a confidentially agreement with them.